Worried about Coronavirus? You are not alone!
The dental office is one of the safest places to visit during the Coronavirus. We have been practicing universal precautions at our office for many years and have been following every recommendation by the American Dental Association and CDC, but we are taking that even further now to ensure your safety. We respect everyone’s decision to come in or wait longer to be seen at our office until you can be fully comfortable. We follow CDC guidelines as they are updated, we respect our patient’s and staff choice to be vaccinated or not. We uphold that, as with all HIPAA requirements, that information will be held private.
So, what are we doing to keep you safe while you are in our care?
- Every one of our team members wears a face mask while in the office.
- Our dental assistants wear face masks, eye protection, and gloves
- Our team is trained in proper hand washing and in the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) practices.
- Any team member that is not feeling well is required to stay home.
- If you’d rather wait in your car until we are ready for you please call ahead to inform us.
- Patients are booked in such a way to limit interaction with other patients as much as possible.
- If a patient is being accompanied, their escort is not allowed past the waiting area (except for a parent or guardian accompanying a child or disabled patient). This is a requirement to comply with OSHA and HIPAA that we uphold always, regardless of Covid-19.
- We use a rubber dam for all procedures which prevents anything from going down your throat. In addition, high suction evacuation keeps the aerosols from leaving the immediate area, reducing the risk to anyone.
- Every instrument goes through a detailed sterilization process of rinsing, ultrasonic cleaning, and heat sterilization.
- We weekly run spore tests on our sterilizers to make sure they are able to kill the toughest organisms known to medical science.
- We are constantly wiping down any highly touched surfaces – including doorknobs, countertops, light switches, pens, drawer pulls, bathrooms etc.
- Our disinfectant kills the virus in 1 minute.
We encourage everyone in our community to continue to take steps to minimize the spread of the virus, as dictated by the CDC. If you have a question about an upcoming appointment, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you in the practice!
Premier Dentistry of Eagle